Devil May Cry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Devil May Cry

Welcome to the world of Devil May Cry. Here, you will be able to walk in the middle of the worlds of humans and demons, fighting for the side that you most like, the good or the bad one.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nero

Nero

Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Empty
PostSubject: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:20 pm

Right, hi guys.

This Topic is all about that shop I was telling you about.

So, first off, I'm going to be giving up Nero, I just don't have the drive to post as his much anymore. I thought I might as well give him up so that someone else can take him. Especially since he's a main character. So yeah, I'll probably make a new account, if that's okay.

But, back to the main point. This shop will have a variety of things: basic items like vitality stars, holy water, etc; single purchase items like purple orbs; and unique things that i've added in such as weapon upgrades. Because of these, I was hoping that a few stricter rules on equipment could be brought in... One of which is that weapons upon creation can only have one special ability that is considered weak. And secondly that there a limit on number of weapons. That way, weapons could be upgraded and also be purchased from this shop. People would have to work for cool weapons.

The way of buying weapons would be done by earning Red Orbs, like on the games, by defeating Demons. Players ould not be allowed to bring Devils into their RPs and decimate them and claim themselves a ton of Orbs of course. People are free to bring in Demons, but would only earn Red Orbs from Demons that I enter into topics. I will dedicate my time and RPing to using these Devils and joining other people's topics. Fighting my demons would be like another player; no auto-hitting and such. A total of Red Orbs could be kept in signitures, but I'll also keep a count of them too, just in case of 'misunderstandings'.

Also, the location of this shop is up to you, a seperate section would be good if possible. Then I could have rules, items lists and things all set out neatly. And, as an added bonus, I'll even whip up a shop owner character. Obviously, they would only be used within the shop and not wander round in other RP topics.

I think that's pretty much everything covered. Saraki and Dante, your thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated. Questions are welcomed too.
Back to top Go down
Saraki Blackwind
Admin
Saraki Blackwind

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:51 pm

My, my... That's an splendid idea.

I'll wait for Dante to post, but I think this would be really good.

Also, I accept your request about putting this in a different section, and I agree on the rules you suggested.

Well, let's just wait for Dante's opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://devilmaycry.forumotion.co.uk
Dante
Admin
Dante

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:29 pm

I-er. Well...I....

AWESOMESAUCE.

Only two problems I see though...Canons. They get awesome weapons from the get-go. Should we just let them keep the awesome weapons, but tone down the power? Also what about characters that already have powerful weapons? Grandfather clause them in(Meaning all of the ones created before the insertion of the rule are exeptions, but all of the ones created after it must follow it)?
Back to top Go down
http://momentsimpasse.proboards.com
Saraki Blackwind
Admin
Saraki Blackwind

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:45 pm

Well, I don't find the current weapons to be too powerful.

And about the Canons... I think we shold make them have ONE awesome weapon from the ones they have, and then get the others by the shop or other means.
Back to top Go down
Dante
Admin
Dante

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:35 pm

Makes sense to me. However, I already have 3(Counting Ebony and Ivory as a set) so do I get rid of some or am I Grandfather claused in?
Back to top Go down
Saraki Blackwind
Admin
Saraki Blackwind

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:50 pm

You are an admin...

You are SUPPOSED to be more powerful than the others...
Back to top Go down
Dante
Admin
Dante

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:00 pm

Of course sitewise. But IC, I don't believe in admins being more powerful than others :\ Just makes me think of power abuse.
Back to top Go down
Saraki Blackwind
Admin
Saraki Blackwind

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:05 pm

True enough...

I would recomend you to decrease the power of your weapons, at least.

If you want to, you can get rid of some.
Back to top Go down
Nero

Nero

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:35 am

If it were up to me, which it isn't, I would say that weapons already approved can be kept. Just my opinion.

Okay, so, let's get on with the creation, as soon as one of you isn't busy.
This is how I would prefer the Section to look, if it's okay.

---------------------
Guns ‘Я’ Us
---------------------
Info
Any information you need on 'Guns ‘Я’ Us' will be located here. If you're new to the store, be sure to take a look here to find out how things work, like how to obtain some Red Orbs for your transactions.

Shopping
If you want a fast transaction, post up a Topic here requesting the item you wish to buy. This is an Out-Of-Character board, but feel free to purchase items In-Character in the RPG section if you wish.

Guns ‘Я’ Us RPG
Visit and browse the shop, you never know what you might find there. Just try not to annoy Logan the shop keeper, let's just say there are plenty of weapons around...

So, I'll create the new Account ready for this now...
Back to top Go down
Saraki Blackwind
Admin
Saraki Blackwind

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Did it a while ago.

Check around, you'll see it.
Back to top Go down
- Guns ‘Я’ Us -

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:20 am

Okay, cool, thanks a lot.

I would really appreciate it if you could make me a Moderator over the 'Guns ‘Я’ Us' section temporarily so that I can post Stickies and Announcements. It would help for all the Info, Item Lists and such I need to post there.

I've just started posting some of the information that needs to be there, it should only be a few days before the thing is up and running.
Back to top Go down
Saraki Blackwind
Admin
Saraki Blackwind

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 1:52 pm

Well, I've made you a Mod over that section.

I guess that there is nothing more to discuss...
Back to top Go down
- Guns ‘Я’ Us -

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:21 am

This is really wierd, I'm still having problems... Bizarrely, I still can't Sticky things or make them Announcements. Perhaps because my name isn't in green or something, I don't know.

On my posts so far, I've just put Sticky or Announcement in brackets after the title, if it's easier, one of you could just edit my posts and change them to Sticky or Announcements.
Back to top Go down
Dante
Admin
Dante

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:39 am

Honestly? I already tried to help you with that. I guess I'm not as good at adminning forumsomotion as I thought. I can't seem to find how to sticky things >_< I've looked up and down the administration panel. I assume Saraki can do it, though.
Back to top Go down
Saraki Blackwind
Admin
Saraki Blackwind

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:03 pm

Oh, sorry, my fault XD.

Already checked it.

You should be able to do it now.
Back to top Go down
- Guns ‘Я’ Us -

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:24 am

Much better, thanks a bunch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.   Shopping Time... Admins lookie here. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shopping Time... Admins lookie here.
Page 1 of 1