Devil May Cry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Devil May Cry

Welcome to the world of Devil May Cry. Here, you will be able to walk in the middle of the worlds of humans and demons, fighting for the side that you most like, the good or the bad one.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vergil

Vergil

Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Empty
PostSubject: Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)   Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:52 am

A blue shadow raced through the streets of Fortuna, the lesser demons that remained from the incident a while back were slashed in a instant if they were in the way of that blue shadow. It passed through the gates by slashing the iron bars or piercing through them.
Since the incident that happened, the city is now more vigilant that when it once was, making it difficult for any demons to enter the areas where civillians and guards resided.
The blue shadow was Vergil, he had heard rumors regarding his sword, Yamato. After his departure into the demon world, he was consumed by Mundus and was used to kill Dante. After this failed and his sould was released, it travelled back to the demon world and something something happened to Vergil but he does not remember, he was reborn. Although minutes after, he realized that his father momento, Yamato, wasn't with him.

After a few months of searching, he finally found a lead on the sword. It was used as an experiment material at Fortuna, something about bringing a end to the world kind of thing... Outraged Vergil travelled to Fortuna in hopes he could find his beloved sword. The only weapon Vergil had now was the Beowulf.
Beowulf would never be sighted unless Vergil was wearing it. For Vergil not having Yamato was the same as not having both arms... He needed to find it quickly, he didn't know if anyone was already using it, although that would be very unlikely seeing that the sword only chooses those who are of Sparda's bloodline... Vergil shivered at the thought of Dante, his brother, of using it... He hated his brother with all his beeing and he would hate to see him using his most prized possesion...

It began to rain, the drops of water were making Vergil's hair fall, making him look exactly like his brother. Using his hand he pulled it backwards, but the rain was just making it go to the same position over and over again. Vergil sighed very aggravated.

Last edited by Vergil on Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nero

Nero

PostSubject: Re: Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)   Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:01 pm

"Dante?"

A voice came from behind Vergil. Obviously mistaking him for his brother at first.

"Huh? You're not Dante, he's got more style..."

The man stood there looking fairly relaxed and resting his sword over his left shoulder. His other hand, the Devil Bringer, was rested on his hip with an emenating glow surrounding it. He looked the man up and down; he looked just like Dante, other than the outfit of course, there was no way it was just a coincidence. He must have been a relation to him - there was no other explanation.

"The name's Nero, and you are...?"

He asked bluntly, without politeness or manners. He just wanted to get to the point...
Back to top Go down
Vergil

Vergil

PostSubject: Re: Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)   Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:13 am

Vergil stopped as soon as he heard someone saying his brother's name. Vergil was so aggravated, he always hated when people confused him for his brother.
The rain stopped, he turned to the one talking to him then he brushed his hair barwards using his hand. A destasteful smirk escaped between his teeth. In a blink of an eye he was above the unknown man, the Beowulf was equipped and he was diving hand first, the blow was so strong it made the ground shatter.

Do not mistake me for my wretched sibling... And my name is none of your concern... Begone! I have more pressing matters to attend to...

Beowulf vanished from his hands and feet, he started walking in the opposite direction where the man was, although something made him stop. Vergil could feel something calling his name, a voice he recognized very well... It was Yamato calling for him. Vergil faced the man, his eyes narrowing down and looking for the sword, but he could only see a demon arm and a big sword with some red adornments.

Tell me... Where is Yamato?...

Vergil put it bluntly, he didn't have time for games, he missed the grip of his sword.
Back to top Go down
Nero

Nero

PostSubject: Re: Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)   Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:04 pm

Nero's face remained unamused, almost blank, but most definately not impressed by Vergil and his weapons. He began moving his wrist up and down allowing the blunt side of his sword's blade to tap on his shoulder, a sign of his clear impatience.

Sibling? Yamato? So this was the brother Dante had told Nero about. The one that Dante didn't get on with. But wait, wasn't he supposed to be dead? Strange. Yet, it didn't seem to surprise him. All of the best evil Demons seemed come back eventually every now and then, it was only a matter of time.

"You see, that's not how this goes; if you don't answer my questions, I don't answer yours..."

Nero stated with a smug smile, though he was actually being serious for once. If Dante's brother wouldn't tell Nero what he wanted to know, what reason would he have to give Vergil the reply he clearly desired? If he wanted to know about Yamato, he would have to find out the hard way. But, there was no way Nero was going to give over Yamato willingly, Dante had trusted him with the weapon, he was not about to betray that trust.

"You want answers? Come and get 'em!"

He called as swung his left arm round in a circular motion and released his weapon, Red Queen, allowing it to spin up into the air over Nero's head. Before he caught it again, he drew his gun from within the back of his coat with lightning quick reflexes and pulled the trigger once and slung it back just as quick. Two bullets exploded from the dual-barrelled revolver, each spiralling out with incredible speed toward Vergil's chest...
Back to top Go down
Vergil

Vergil

PostSubject: Re: Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)   Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:18 pm

Vergil narrowed him down with his cold eyes, the kid seemed like he was a loud mouth just like Dante... Infact he did resemble him in everyway possible, the hair, the attitude, the huge sword and a gun. He looked like a Dante wannabe. Vergil glared him but he didn't show signs of emotion, he was too cold for that.
Before Vergil knew he was beeing atacked by the boy. Beowulf appeared on his hands and feet, although he did not use them already. First of he dodged the blade. In a blink of an eye the boy was shooting two bullets from his gun and they had Vergil's chest as a target. Vergil grabed the bullets with his hand as theyw ere about to hit him. He smushed the bullets between his fingers, then he let them fall on the ground. He fenced the boy and said:

Humph... How impolite... You remind me of my brother and that is a bit irritating... I am only here to collect one thing that is rightfuly mine... My sword Yamato. It was a momento from my father and I would be very grateful if you would tell me where it is...

Vergil looked at the boy, he had no inttention of fighting him, not in this state where he was unarmed...Well he had Beowulf but that didn't really count...
Back to top Go down
Nero

Nero

PostSubject: Re: Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)   Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 5:58 am

Although his shot hadn't hit Vergil, it was quite amusing to see how calm he remained after swatting them. Really, why didn't he fight back? Well, it didn't matter, he would have to fight back as soon as he realised that it was the only way he was going to get it.

"Ha ha, how about this? You say 'please' and I might tell you where Yamato is..."

Nero was now purposefully teasing Vergil, trying to get him at least a little angry with him. After all, getting him angry would start the fight Nero was expecting and wanted. It would be fun to see how his powers compared to Dante's. Well, it was Dante that stopped him before, so surely he couldn't be as strong. But still, Nero was not expecting an easy duel...

( ooc: Obviously, I'll let you have the sword - your character needs it, Vergil wouldn't be Vergil with it. But you're going to have to fight me for it. Nero isn't just going to hand it over willingly. I'll let you win in the end, but don't expect an easy fight, you'll have to make the fight unfair to defeat me without your sword. Be inventive; bring someone else on the site in on the fight to side with you, or summon some demons or something...)
Back to top Go down
Vergil

Vergil

PostSubject: Re: Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)   Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:50 am

Vergil sighed, this guy was just like his brother... The only thing he cared for was fighting, plus he thought that taunting Vergil would make him angry and make him charge against him. That was one of the tactics Dante was so fond of, although that didn't work with Vergil. With all his calm he said, narrowing down the boy with his cold eyes:

Why so impulsive?... Your just like my brother, the only thing that he cares about is fighting. You do realize there are better ways to deal with this?... Let me guess... I ask you to give me Yamato, putting in "please" and you'll respond saying something like "I said that I might not that I would!..." and then you would charge on with that sword of yours, or that peculiar gun you have there... Please do not waste my time, I have other business to attend to besides playing around with a kid like your self... Now if you wouldn't mind, I'll return to my previous question... Where is my sword?...

The utter indiference in his look was rather irritating, but he didn't care. Beowulf was shining with a white light in his hands and feet, just in case the boy charged again. He was bound to do that, his irritating sibling was always keen on charging in head on...

[OOC: lol sure I don't mind, although it IS a unfair battle XD And no I don't inttend to have Vergil put some lesser demons on stage seeing he hates those mindless bags of demonic vomit.... Vergil still has a few tricks up his sleeves. Like his Devil trigger and Magic swords. Although I think DT is off limits to me for the time beeing...]
Back to top Go down
Nero

Nero

PostSubject: Re: Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)   Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:14 am

"Awww, you spoil all my fun. Why ya gotta be so serious? Chill out..."

With that, Nero slid his sword back into it's resting place: on the back of his coat. He sighed as he looked off into the distance for a second, just thinking to himself. The fact that he took his eyes off of Vergil was more of a sign to him that Nero wasn't afraid or intimidated by him, after all, if he was he would keep his eyes on him at all times and keep on guard. Although it may get his point across, it was also quite reckless to assume Vergil wouldn't attack. Yet, he didn't appear interested in fighting just yet. Perhaps there was something Nero could do to change his view on that;

"Alright, fine, have it your way."

Nero then brough his left hand to his right, taking a grip on his Devil Bringer. As he pulled his left hand away from it, the sword that Vergil was looking for emerged from within the demon arm in Nero's grasp - Yamato. He pulled it across his body, clearly displaying the sword to Vergil but keeping the tip of the blade still inside his arm. After showing it to Vergil, Nero let go of Yamato's handle and it was instantly absorbed back into the Devil Bringer so that Vergil couldn't try to steal it.

"So now you know, I have Yamato. Wanna fight now...?"

He asked Vergil, rhetorically of course. Now that Vergil knew that Nero had the sword with him, surely he would try to take it from him by force. Because there was no other way to get it.

Nero pulled his left hand up and rested it over shoulder so that he could grip that handle of his sword. Twisting the handle like a motorcycle handle, he revved the blade with a surge of power and flickers of flame preparing for a stronger attack. Though, he didn't draw the weapon just yet. Instead he spread his legs into a more balanced fighting position and held out the Devil Bringer ready for melee combat...

( ooc: You'll have to create the Magic Swords as a Spell/Magic before use. And yeah, you'll have to wait until 50 posts before you can create a Devil Trigger. That's why I suggested you bring someone or something else to the fight to tip the odds in your favour. 'Cause I've got a Devil Trigger and intend on using it. After all, as soon as I lose Yamato, I won't be able to use it again. )
Back to top Go down
Dante
Admin
Dante

PostSubject: Re: Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)   Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:53 pm

Dante wandered through Fortuna, his mission finished he decided to do some sight-seeing. He was passing a corner when he felt a familiar presence, no, TWO familiar presences. One was Nero and the other one from longer ago still....Vergil. He looked and sure enough there was his twin brother and Nero, looking like they were duking it out. He groaned. Even without either Force Edge or Yamato, Nero had no chance against Vergil. Dante walked up behind Vergil, he'd be surprised if Vergil didn't sense his approach, but he had to try. He tapped Vergil's shoulder quickly.

Boo.

He had a gun aimed directly for his face, firing at the first movement, hoping Vergil would turn around so that he could see the gun before it fired. Bang.
Back to top Go down
http://momentsimpasse.proboards.com
Vergil

Vergil

PostSubject: Re: Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)   Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:21 pm

Vergil lift an eyebrow, "Chill out?" vergil was always cool. He was ice cold and nothing would make him angry, happy or anything for that matter. He was like this ever since he was a child. He never showed any compation or anything, he didn't even cared if his mother died or not. Unlike Dante that was always so emotional. Maybe Dante got Vergil's emotions? Probably.... Vergil sighed as the boy looked behond the horizon, he didn't know who he was messing with. Dante was a little bit better at fighting than Vergil, but his cold self was what gave Vergil the advantage. Wether or not Vergil had his sword, he was still pretty dangerous with Beowulf...

Vergil looked at his sword as it emerged from the boy's hand. He absoerved Yamato using his demonic hand... But a problem rose up. Why did Yamato accept this boy? Only those of Sparda's bloodline could wield his Devil Arms... Then it came back rushing to Vergil. With a smirk he said:

That cheeky bastard... He had been rather busy...

Vergil smirked, the boy was probably from another woman who Sparda had been toying with... Vergil hated his father's guts, he didn't know why, but just the thought of him made his stomach hurt. Well.... Vergil did hate humans and his father saved them... That could be the reason...
But that didn't matter now seeing someone familiar was closing in on Vergil. He knew those loud noisy steps that the person's boots made, not to mention he felt the presence of Force Edge...
Vergil felt a tap on his shoulder and he heard the tingling sound of metal behind him. he then heard someone say a familiar "Boo.". Before the bullet exited the barrel, Vergil appeared behind Dante.

Long time no see.... Baby brother...

Vergil smirked and almost smiled.

Did you miss me while I was gone?...

Vergil said in a mocking tone. He hated his brother, but not as much as he hated his father. Although it wasn't a normal hate... It was more like a sibling hate. Although given the circumstances, Vergil really hated Dante right now.

How could you possibly let some boy get a hold of my sword?!...

Vergil said, almost whispering to Dante so that Nero wouldn't hear.
Back to top Go down
Nero

Nero

PostSubject: Re: Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)   Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:34 am

As Dante approached, Nero relaxed again, re-entering a normal pose. Was he ever going to fight? Nero wasn't even convinced that Vergil really wanted the sword. He assumed that if he wanted something, he would take it. Meh, he came to the conclusion that this Vergil wasn't like the usual Demons of half-Demons. He was smarter, less agressive, and most-likely much stronger. But, none the less, Nero wanted to fight. It just seemed like it wasn't going to happen any time soon.

"Ah, great... Steal my moment..."

Nero mumbled to himself rather than the brothers, refering to Dante always showing up when things were about to get interesting. Well, to be fair, it's his brother; his problem really. Maybe he would let them 'catch up' and stay out of it until Vergil finally decided that he did infact want Yamato back...
Back to top Go down
Dante
Admin
Dante

PostSubject: Re: Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)   Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:17 pm

Dante grinned. If he really had hit Vergil he knew that there was something wrong, he'd never let himself get shot like that. He twirled the Ivory on his finger, not holstering it though. He turned around to look Vergil over.

Good to see you too, big bro. I see you did something with your hair. Copying off me? Can't blame ya, I'm just popular with the ladies.

He winked at the end of the last sentance. He didn't even take his eyes off of Vergil for a second before speaking again.

Nero, meet Vergil. My long lost brother. Now then....run.

Right after he said the last word he held the gun over his shoulder and fired at the ground directly below Nero. If he had to protect him while fighting, Vergil would win for sure. In this way he could hold Vergil off on his own.

Yamato choose him. It wasn't my decision to make, and if it was really your sword wouldn't it reject him when you were so close? Seems to me the sword is rightfully his.

(OOC: Ummm, yeah. Vergil....just skip past Dante and take the sword off his back and attack Nero or something along those lines. I just can't see Dante handing his sword over. You'll have to take it.)
Back to top Go down
http://momentsimpasse.proboards.com
Vergil

Vergil

PostSubject: Re: Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)   Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:53 pm

Vergil sighed a bit annoyed, it wasn't really his fault he had the same hair type as his little brother... He brushed the hair back with his fingers once again, getting his normal hairstyle. He then raised an eyebrow, so Dante knew the boy as well... Figures, they both have the same cocky and very obnoxious attittude... It really irritated Vergil. Dante was always like this, even when they were children, Vergil was always the polite and calm one and Dante was the loud mouth brat who was always at time out...

Vergil smirked when Dante told him about the rejection, was he so dumb he didn't realize it? The hair, the attitude, the way the Devil Arms of Sparda could be used by him... Although he got a bit upset when he Dante said the sword was his. He placed his hand on his forehead and said to Dante:

Are you so dumb brother?... Don't you get it why Yamato doesn't reject him?... He has the hair, he has the attitude, he even as that hand. He is a half-demon like ourselfs. And wanna guess why our father's weapon, that only Sparda's blood kin can wield, can be wielded by him?... Take a wild guess...

Vergil smirked, his old man was popular around woman... Only a idiot wouldn't realize it.
Well Vergil had enough, his sword was waiting for him, it was calling him. He missed the grip of his sword. Plus Yamato was the only weapon that Vergil really liked to wield, besides beowulf of course. He remembered one thing that would tip the scales to his favor, it was there on Dante's back... The Force Edge. Vergil hated that sword, seeing it was made for his father, but he had no choice.
Without even moving a muscles Vergil phased through Dante in a blink of an eye. He standed behind Dante, his back turned to him and with the Force Edge on his hand. He smirked and said:

I'll borrow this for a while brother... You can have it back as soon as I get my sword back from this kid... I have no inttention to rob it from you seeing I am discusted by it. But for the time beeing I think it will have to do. Please step back and do not interfere. This is a duel between him and me...

Vergil smirked, he hoped Dante would understand, he had no intention of killing the kid, only to get his beloved sword from him.
The sword felt great on his hand, it was powerful, although Vergil hated it, it reminded him of his father. He twirled the sword around his body using one hand, it made a perfect circle as it passed close to his body. It was light as a feather on Vergil's hand. When he was finisht, he stood up straight, he grabbed the collar of his blue jacket and he took it off in a swift pull, throwing it asside. He had his dark purple vest covering his upper body.

Well... Now that we both have a sword on hand... I believe you inttended to fight? So be it, I miss my sword and I believe that you won't simply give it to me. If you want to fight for it... So be it.

Vergil's cold eyes looked at the boy. It's been a while since he fought Dante or any powerful demon, but it was like riding a bike... You never forget...

Oh and by the way... Please refrain yourself from using your gun... I despise guns, they hold no honor unlike sword, plus no good will come of it if you use it... Just ask Dante what happened last time...

Vergil smirked and pointed to Dante with his head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)   Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking One's Soul Back... (Nero/Invite)
Page 1 of 1